Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I am doing so well!

I really am doing so well!  A move is no easy thing whatsoever....and we still have worries/concerns (mainly a house to sell in KY and me finding a job.....or even just one of those would be nice), but all in all.....I am doing great!

I love our new town!  I love meeting new people!  I love our new church!  And honestly, I love the adventures of living in a hotel! 

Things are not perfect and I'm not trying to fool anyone that it is all glorious.  However, things are just really good!  We are so blessed and we are so thankful!  After a few really hard months leading up to this move, it makes us even more thankful for the life we are now living. 

We have been welcomed here with open arms!  Sitting here in Atlanta Bread Company by myself, I have already met three people randomly -- they are all so nice and helpful!  It really is amazing!  In some ways, it's another world!  Yet, I feel so "at home."

And I can't go without pointing out my happy moment earlier today when I went to the kick-off at Church for the women's Bible studies.  I might not always be able to attend a weekday morning session, however I decided to advantage of the opportunity while it was presented.  Everything was fabulous and I especially enjoyed meeting Debbie and her two amazing daughters Katie and Jessi!  I discovered Debbie & Jessi's blogs earlier this week, so it was so wonderful to meet these ladies IRL (in real life)!  I have to say I was a little starstruck, but soooooooooooooo blessed by these women!  I am excited to get to know them better and continue following their blogs!  After it was over I called Josh and caught him when he was headed to meet some new co-workers for lunch.  I think he loved hearing from me when I exclaimed, "I love my new friends!"  I (along with many women) am very relationally-driven, so this was a cool thing for me. 

Guess I should get back to "job searching" which is why I came here to start with!  However, I have been busy randomly meeting so many locals as well as other transplants, that I have a hard time shutting up and getting down to job-search business! ha!  Maybe I should go back to the hotel room since it is much less of a social atmosphere! :)

Josh is doing great with his new job, which is such a blessing and comfort to me!  We move into our condo in a couple of weeks, which is exciting because we are thrilled for the opportunity to live in this particular community!  In the meantime, prayer requests are for our house to sell and for me to find a job! 

All in all, we couldn't ask for a better experience!  We truly are in love with our new town!  That's an invitation for friends and family to come and visit!  :)

I have so much to say, but so little time to do it!  Seriously, for someone who is not currently in the work force, my days are flying by  because I am staying so busy.  Yep, I'm thinking tomorrow I am going to quarantine myself in the hotel all day with a strict "to do" list!

With love from Charleston!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

listen. you're the cutest thing I've ever seen. starstruck! I'm dying laughing! You're toooooo cute! Let's definitely be friends while I'm here, ok? And my sister can just pick up when I leave!

Jill said...

Laura, I am so glad to read that you are doing so well! I know it can be hard, moving to a new place, not having a job or knowing people, all the while your spouse has a "routine" to follow easily. Just hang in there because it will come naturally to you in no time :) I LOVE reading about your Charleston adventures and am glad we are re-connecting thru blog-land! :)

inthemiddleoflife said...

ok, can't believe you are starstruck over The Daughters and I, but so thrilled you came up and introduced yourself this morning. Your God-story about finding our church is amazing and we are blessed already by knowing you. next time though, you must join us for lunch (we like ABCo too:)