Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fine Dining & Future of Flight

On Wednesday night we enjoyed a great and unique Italian dinner at Pasta Freska, thanks to the recommendation from our sweet condo neighbors in South Carolina!


Fortunately we had been told how this restaurant works and I also read some online reviews.  We went in with much more understanding than some of the other diners.  The unique thing about this restaurant is that there is no menu.  The head chef comes and talks with you about what foods you don't like, religious restrictions, and allergy/dietary restrictions, then he designs your meal based on your conversation.  I wish I would have written it all down, but we are positive that there were 6 or 7 courses to the meal!  Appetizer, salad, bread, main dish, some other foods like prawn and fish, dessert.  We definitely left filling full and satisfied!  

Here we are with the chef himself:





We had a great time enjoying Pasta Freska and being surprised with each course!  After all that yummy food, we decided to walk around a two-story Target where you park in a garage.  It was very interesting to look around and see the differences!  

On Thursday night we enjoyed a Mexican dinner at  a local restaurant with Josh's flight line engineering manager and his sweet wife.  I'm not sure if I ever shared this info on the blog or not, but a couple of months or so ago Josh was one of few engineers chosen to work on the flight line as a liaison engineer, focusing on acoustics.  He now gets to participate in test flights (which makes me a praying wife for sure!).  This position requires lots of flexibility because the test schedule can change at any time.  Since it was confirmed that he will be working the majority of this weekend, he was able to flex the time and take yesterday (Friday) afternoon off.   

He had some training south of Seattle again yesterday morning, so I hitched another ride downtown.  I walked around and hung out at Starbucks (seriously, they are EVERYWHERE) for a while until sometime after daylight arrived.  I wasn't feeling coffee so I enjoyed some iced passion tea instead.....I don't even know what it was, I just asked the barista to make one of the iced teas for me.  It was yummy and refreshing....and expensive, but that's to be expected at Starbucks! :)  I definitely got my money's worth because I used their free internet for a while! 


After Josh's half-day training was over, he came to pick me up where I had decided on our lunch spot.  I was feeling pizza and had read some reviews of Tutta Bella, so he pulled up to the street where I was and I jumped in quickly and we headed to lunch!  We had no idea when we were driving to the restaurant that this would be our view when we were seated:

THE SPACE NEEDLE!  :)



After our recharge at Tutta Bella, we hit the road north to Mukilteo to the Future of Flight museum and Boeing Tour.  We were hoping to make it for the 1PM tour and we seriously arrived minutes before it began.  Thankfully we are not in a high tourist season, so they had room for us to join the group!  I know it's funny that poor Josh had to take a tour of where he works, but it was the only way for me to even get a peak of the place.  Normally I can only make it is far as the security gate where I drop him off.  I think he enjoyed the tours as well since I could finally get a look at the place.  Even though the tours had special viewing decks overhead and we weren't down in the working portion, it was neat to see.  Unfortunately they did not allow cameras or phones on the Boeing tour so I have no pictures.  The museum did allow photos so I took a few for fun!











We had a great time as tourists!  We still have many more things on our list to see, but we're doing great so far.  We are enjoying our time here very much!

With love from Seattle!

No comments: