Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Love my girls!

If you know much about me, you probably know how much I adore my Tuesday night women's Bible study! I have been a part of this group for about 2.5 years and since my first time I have been loved and welcomed by all of the girls. Some have come and gone, but one thing that remains is how our group is made up of women after God's own heart. Women who have pure hearts yet admit life's struggles and who are there to love and encourage.....I am blessed to have been welcomed to this group. When I moved from Lexington back to the Bowling Green area, I couldn't wait to be close to Josh. But I also worried about losing my girlfriends. While I still treasure and adore my friendships from my college sisters, my Bible study group is my local group of gals who know my heart (and I know theirs). We represent a large age group, yet everyone is young at heart! We celebrate each other's milestones and God's blessings.

I thank God for the blessing that all of my girlfriends are in my life....every single girlfriend, no matter where she lives!  I love you!

Our current study is "Wild Goose Chase" by Mark Batterson. We've just recently started it but we are being encouraged to have a heart for God and people, to be led by the Holy Spirit. So far I definitely recommend this book and look forward to sharing a review once I've completed it. Sounds like we better buckle down for the "Wild Goose Chase" that so often we lose as Christians -- our faith is fun and exciting, so it's time to dig that back up!


No comments: