Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Charleston Days 5, 6 & 7


Josh had a short meeting with Boeing on Wednesday morning.  That afternoon we went to the pool for a little while, enjoying the beautiful Charleston day!  Then we met with our friend who showed us around the area, told us lots of info, and we even saw a potential place to live.  Later that evening we dined at Boat Landing Restaurant.


I don't recall much about Thursday morning other than the fact that I did do some laundry at the hotel.  We have already sold our washer and dryer so I didn't want to go home with all dirty clothes.  For lunch we dined at Shem's Creek Grill - it was really good!  I enjoyed a lunch of scallops and grits....probably not the healthiest choice, but it was great!


We actually got some news before going in to lunch.  Long story short, we are no longer going to be transferred to Seattle!  Crazy how one piece of information can alter a situation!  I have to admit, the news has disappointed me -- not because I am not excited about living in Charleston, but because I was really looking forward to the adventure of living in another state for a temporary period.  The good part is that we do get to "make a home" here in Charleston sooner.  I am also going to be job searching soon.  Our goal now is to find somewhere to live.  We plan to rent for a while so that we have a chance to get to know the area. 

Thursday evening was so much fun!  We spent the evening at the beach with the R family.  On the way out of town, pizzas were picked up and we enjoyed the picnic at the beach.  I knew it was serious stuff when our friends pulled up with the board on top of their vehicle!  Just one year ago they moved from Bowling Green to Charleston -- I would say they have settled in as "locals" quite well! 


Watching the kids play was so fun!  We discussed how their childhood is so different from what we all grew up experiencing in Kentucky & Tennessee.  These kids are precious and we all had a great evening!


They loved playing with sand in this pit!

My friend L was great at paddle-boarding!  It was extremely windy out, but she mastered it well!


A rainbow!  L said it was God's promise!


BEAUTIFUL SUNSET! 

Time to head home!  I bet everyone slept well! :)

Friday was full of more house-hunting and getting to know the area.  We ended the evening having dinner at Daniel Island Grill.  We were exhausted by the time we got back to our room! 

I can't believe we're less than a week from being permanent residents of Charleston! 

With love from Charleston!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow! I'm guessing with Josh working for Boeing he'll be working near the AF? If so...Summerville is a nice place but probably a bit far from job options (and the beach!). I actually have a friend living in Summerville right now. She is a UK grad but her hubby (also a UK grad) is in the Navy so that's how we know one another and why they're back down there. I say you find a place in Mount P and then I can live vicariously through you, haha :)