Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Burned Out







Yep, that is me......BURNED OUT!  I am in Lexington right now, scheduled to defend my thesis in a few hours.  My mind is racing and I am so anxious (but in a good way, for the most part).  The time has almost come that I am done! (fingers crossed and I'm saying prayers!)

I have been quite MIA from Blogworld lately -- my heart was there but I knew I couldn't spend time blogging (although it perhaps would have been therapeutic) when I had other things to focus on.  Hopefully I am back for good!  And something I am even more hopeful about...I hope that my next post is about how I'm done with my Masters forever! 

Today (really yesterday, since it's after midnight) has been a day full of emotions on a roller-coaster.  But all in all, I'm just so excited to finally be at this chance.  There have been many ups and downs along the way.  Today has been a day that I realize that I recall song lyrics for certain situations.

Today, the playlist in my mind and heart has included:
- Livin' on a Prayer (thanks, Bon Jovi)
- Three Little Birds  (by Bob Marley, although this is better known to me as "Every Little Thing Gonna Be Alright")
- Baby, It's Cold Outside
- Emmanuel, God with us (not sure of the exact title or artist, but this one has given me great peace and calmness today, and that is a good thing!)

In addition to songs, there are sometimes quotes and scriptures that I will recall in certain situations.  Am I the only one or do you do this too?  If so, which ones do you recall most often?

PS: I look forward to updating you on my progress!  Hopefully I will have good news to report! 

No comments: