Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

And 2009 Comes to an End!

Happy New Year!  It's so hard to believe that 2009 is just hours away from being over!  In a very short time we will enter into the second decade of this century and that makes me feel old!  Remember 10 years ago this day when everyone was hyped about Y2K and what was to come of it?!  Crazy times!  I can remember my parents bought a digital camera that day and I was playing with it that night.  I remember it stored the pictures on a 3.5 A disk and each disk only held about 10-12 pictures!  And the camera was only a 2.0 or 3.0 megapixel (if they even called it that then) and it cost an outrageous price!  And to think now how far technology has come just in this past decade!  I can't even imagine the many changes I will see throughout my life!

Our flights were on time and we have safely arrived in Florida and are chilling out for a short time before we meet up with family later.  It is a beautiful day here and in the 80's right now!  P-E-R-F-E-C-T end to 2009!   We are so excited to be on vacation and are looking forward to our time here - no big plans, we just like to take each moment as it comes and do what we feel like at the time.  So who knows what will come of this week!  Rest and relaxation for sure!  And....oh yeah......seafood!

I have to say that I'm quite relieved we've made it!  We've been up since a little after 3 this morning so this little rest time is just what we need.  Another thing that we're thrilled about is that we put away all Christmas decor before we came.  We love it and enjoyed it very much, but the thought of having to return from vacation and do all of that work just wasn't appealing.  Getting everything ready to leave for a vacation is such a process, but so worth it now that we've arrived!

I need to work on my resolutions for the new year.  Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy new year!  Until "next year!" 

2010

No comments: