Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Friday, June 11, 2010

Our Three Year Engage-iversary!

I went from a girlfriend to a fiance this day three years ago!  We had openly discussed marriage for quite some time, so that part was no shock but Mr. P had plans for that particular evening that surprised me.  It had been a rough time for us the few months prior.  I was going to school in Lexington while Mr. P was in school in Bowling Green.  My grandmother had turned very sick to the point that doctors said she would never live.  (But by the grace of God, she is alive and well today!)  After her progress over the few months had gone from death to being awake and talking with us (although extremely weak from three months of immobility), we were pleased when the doctors told us that if she remained stable and would eat well, she would be released at the end of the week.  What a relief and great news! 

When he knew she was in the clear and would be discharged later in the week, Mr. P's proposal was perfect timing and a breath of fresh air!

Teary-eyed after saying "yes!"

Saying "YES!" was one of the easiest things I've ever done because I just knew that Mr. P and I should spend our lives together!  I am so thankful to have been married to this man for 2.5 years and I can't wait for the rest of our lifetime together!


Our Engagement
June 11, 2007
Union Station Historic Hotel - Nashville, Tennessee

No comments: