Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Friday, February 19, 2010

SAD? Nope, just ready for Spring!

You've probably heard of SAD -- seasonal affective disorder.  Wikipedia defines it as this: "Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, spring or autumn, repeatedly, year after year."  

I don't have SAD, but man am I looking forward to Spring!  It seems like this Winter has dragged on forever and that's fine and dandy, but I'm so ready for some fresh air and not having to dress like an Eskimo.....so much that I met up with a friend yesterday to get pedicures and we chose bright colors for our ghostly-white toes!  My sweet Mr. P prefers Winter (he also loves my fresh pedi!), but his bride is quite the opposite.  Is anyone else ready for Springtime or do you prefer the brisk (and sometimes bone-chilling) days of Winter?

No comments: