Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

God Bless America!

Happy Veteran's Day!  

I am so very thankful for the freedom we enjoy in our country and I pray that I never take it for granted or forget the price that has been paid!

I want to especially recognize my grandfather, Thomas M. Hayes "Papa," for the time he served our country in Korea in the early 1950's!  Yesterday it was my pleasure to honor him for a nice lunch and hear some of his stories and look at his pictures from when he was an active member of the Army.

Please remember to thank a veteran (and active duty members as well) -- not just one day a year, but every day!  Remember them in your prayers, encourage them, THANK THEM!

Here's some pictures from our lovely lunch yesterday:

When I was in high school, I made a scrapbook for Papa using photos from his days in service.  His vision is now extremely limited, but he was looking through pages, never complaining about anything!

 
Excuse the poor quality -- it's a picture of a picture!  This is Papa while he was an active serviceman -- he is so handsome!

 
Josh and I with Nanny & Papa after enjoying lunch!

 
Mom enjoying the day honoring her parents!  Papa fought for our freedom, while Nanny was a young wife who took care of  everything back home.  They went nearly 2 years without seeing each other -- I can't imagine! I miss Josh dearly after only 2 days apart!  Thank a service person.....and their family!
 
LET FREEDOM RING!

No comments: