Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The fate of the lean pocket

With the exception of ice cream, I'm not a big fan of prepared frozen foods.  Therefore sometimes I even surprise myself with random purchases of easy, convenient, surely-it's-not-going-to-taste-too-bad foods.  This morning I preferred to spend time watering the grass in our yard instead of thinking about the fact that I would become hungry during my work day.  The thought didn't cross my mind until I was headed out the door, so I ran to the freezer to grab something on my way out.  That's when I discovered my handiest last-minute choice was the box of lean pockets buried at the back of the freezer.  There's a reason they had found a place in the back of the freezer.  Nevertheless, I grabbed them and off I went.  Honestly, I dreaded eating them all morning because I never really like these cardboard delicacies.  But beggars can't be choosers, now can we?!  And besides, I'm generally not hard to please.

I microwaved one (they come 2 per box) up and ate some of it.  It was just as bad as I remembered.  But I can't stand the thought of wasting food (after all, I do work for an organization that has a food pantry for people in need).  Therefore, I left a little half-box treasure in our work freezer for a lucky recipient........


And this is why I'm already looking forward to dinner tonight.  And this is also why I need to make a grocery run (avoiding the convenient frozen section, of course).

Do you like prepared frozen foods?  Is there anything worth trying that is actually good?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the Pizza Lean Pockets! Yummy, but maybe that's just because I'm obsessed with cheese and not a great cook!

holly said...

i stumbled upon your blog from another girl's blog i read occasionally. hope that's not too weird! =)

anyway, i wanted to recommend to you smart ones (not lean cuisine) mac and cheese. i worked an office job for a couple of years and they were my saving grace!

Jill said...

LOL I love your note on the box! Hilarious :) I don't really like to eat frozen foods either because they're loaded with sodium and I have high blood pressure (I know, I know)...among other reasons! One thing I do like (but don't eat often) is Smart Ones Breakfast Quesadillas. They're yummy.