Polka Dots and Pineapple: Life of Family P

Blessed to be a blessing...

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The luck of the draw


While I don't have to work late very often, my job is full of quite a few early morning occasions.  For those of you who know me, you realize this isn't a problem whatsoever because I am quite the extreme of a morning person (which has its downfalls......usually starting about 7-8PM when I become grumpy/lifeless).  Yesterday's early morning meeting was a Chamber breakfast in one of our counties about 30 minutes away.  I am thrilled to say that I WON A DOOR PRIZE!  And it actually was a really good one - a $25 gift card to a local restaurant!  Thanks to yesterday's early morning meeting, Mr. P and I will soon be enjoying a date at Rafferty's!  These things don't happen often, so I knew it was worthy of being mentioned since I'm so excited!  To top it off, it's even better because March is a long month, which can be hard on our cash envelope system (I love you Dave Ramsey!).  I'm not headed to Vegas nor will I even buy a lottery ticket, but I've been pretty blah lately about a few things, so this was a sweet small perk that started my day off right yesterday!  If only we keep an attitude of gratefulness, there are many little things that can be victorious.  :) 

"We boast in God all day long; we will praise Your name forever." - Psalm 44:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! That's great!! Glad you had a streak of good fortune!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, congrats! That is awesome! :) As a former health/human service non-profit'er myself I KNOW those early mornings, ugh! But hey, at least you got something good out of it :)